The Coalition, in partnership with BU Law, co-hosted a virtual panel discussion on Friday, March 12thas part of the rollout of the Framework for Inclusive Capitalism: A New Compact for Business, Government & American Workers. This conversation focused on the role of institutional investors in advancing inclusive capitalism in two related contexts: expanding worker voice in the corporate sphere and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workforce. (See Pillar 3 of the Framework here).
This conversation was moderated by David Webber, Boston University School of Law, Associate Dean for Intellectual Life and Professor of Law.
- Seyi Bucknor is the Head of the North America Division of Newton Investment Management Ltd.
- Deborah Goldberg is the current Massachusetts State Treasurer and Receiver General.
- Thea M. Lee is the President of Economic Policy Institute where she advocates for working families.
- Renaye Manley, is the Deputy Director for SEIU (Service Employees International Union), in the Department of Strategic Initiatives.
- Dan Pedrotty directs the Capital Strategies department at NABTU, created to facilitate a partnership between NABTU and its fiduciary duties.
- Leo Strine is Of Counsel in the Corporate Department at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, and Former Chief Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court.